1.1K views

My wife and I went to wendy's to purchase the 4 for 4 deal at a few locations in Lanham and Hyattsville, MD.Both restaurants refused to honor the advertisement shown on tv even until the date of this posting.

I did reach out to the corporate contact numbers listed for the locations but received no resolution.

I believe this chain is red lining in certain urban areas with false advertising and not honoring pricing that is offered in the suburbs.This is poor business practice and should be stopped.

This person wrote the review because of not as described at Wendys. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Wendys to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Wendys wendys 4 for 4 meal for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Wendys?

Comments

Rockville, Maryland, United States #1332707

Called every location in DC region. None would honor what is advertised locally even today. Its BS and has cost them my patronage.

Baltimore, Maryland, United States #1320440

WTF?!?!? Why advertise something that you are not able to provide. :(

Hyattsville, Maryland, United States #1312833

Same for me, everywhere PG county, except one time in Forestville, across mall, that I used to visit due to workplace proximity, at the time. Still my favorite fast food restaurant... but, why advertise falsely!?

Street, Maryland, United States #1291651

Same problem in harford county maryland our wendys never honors the specials so we don't eat there anymore about 2 years...

Baltimore, Maryland, United States #1290072

We have looked in VA as well, no one is participating.This is not the only fast food chain offering "too good to be true deals" right now.

The others you will find do not participate either. They are hiding behind the clause of "at

participating locations only", and falsely advertising something, getting you to the nearest location and when you get there you're hungry, and pay through the nose.

Bait and switch.Consumer protection shouldn't allow it.

to Anonymous Providence, Utah, United States #1290118

It's NOT false advertising!They tell you upfront not all locations are participating!

Franchises can opt out of whatever deals Corporate comes up with.That is their right if they feel it would cause their business to suffer.

to Anonymous Baltimore, Maryland, United States #1290394

Of course it is their right to opt out.That's not the problem.

The franchises are opting out for a good reason.The corporation is advertising something that is not available (because their franchises probably can't afford to participate) but it drives customers there in the hopes that they will give in and buy something else.

to Anonymous Hyattsville, Maryland, United States #1312834

If you're a franchisee, I respect that. Regardless, please take care to remain silent if you're going to support suppressing civil liberties of hardworking people.

to Anonymous Hyattsville, Maryland, United States #1312835

Spoken like a civil rights violating corrupt pig!

I truly believe Wendy's just trying to draw people in with the 4 for 4 deal .I've been in Maryland DC and Virginia I still yet have not found this deal