A few weeks ago my friend, child and I went thru the drive-thru at the local Wendy's. My burger was had wilty lettuce on it and was so gross,like it was sitting under a heat lamp for a day.

My child's was so gross,she threw hers away,and the fries were hard and cold. I emailed Wendy's and they sent me some free coupons.I took my elderly mother their yesterday to use them and the manager made faces at us because of the coupons. We took the food home and found out they screwed up our sandwiches and didn't give us what we ordered.When I called the manager, he was very,very rude and said "what do you want,more coupons?"When I told him I just wanted a replacement chicken sandwich,he then insisted that I got what I ordered and refused to replace the sandwich. He also had the nerve to say I complain all the time.I have only complained maybe once before,but that is because they screwed up my order.

Nevertheless, I am banning Wendy's and telling my friends and family to do the same!! This manager was so rude it was unbelievable!!

He acted like he was personally paying for my free coupons!!!

Comments

I got two coupons for free combo meals. The people at the one nearest me had never seen one like mine and advised me to go to a corporate store as they were a franchise.

The coupons do not have a look up code or and type of designation as to how they should be redeemed.

I have yet to find a corporate store. I have emailed Wendys and am awaiting a response :sigh

Brecksville, Ohio, United States #706012

:) dork!!!!!

We experienced this from both perspectives...the dumb *** at my local Wendy's have their heads so far up their *** I can't tell where they begin or end...when I was working there we would get illegitimate complaints from people about their food because they wanted free ***....however...I also have witnessed people selling expired food to customers...one manager tried to "get even" with a customer because he pissed all over the urinal stall in the men's room and then had the balls to *** about the service...so she got "even" by selling the *** rotten chili meat (which are patties that have gone cold and are chopped up and put in the chili) and cold fries...she also bitched at me because a sandwich maker tried to take over the grill and that made me upset. She cross contaminated and then when she laid the meat down, it was so far off I had tried to move it so ALL OF IT would cook and be SAFE to eat...but I got the lecture for it.

Jokerjay
to Justin O'Reilly Cheyenne, Wyoming, United States #588553

i should also add that when you get into a situation like being in the drive through and having items missing...ALWAYS re-check your food before you leave to make sure they didn't *** twice...that way if you had a sandwich missing...you'd still be at the restaurant and from there you can sit there and blow your horn at them to tell them to give you your *** sandwich (the words I would use in this case) or a refund. If you can't wait there, drive around and park, walk inside and open up the bag.

And tell them the following if they give you any ***...and just be cool about it...just lean in real close and tell them "either one of two things is going to happen here...either I walk out of here with my sandwich, or I take my money back and your face off and leave with both." Be sure to get manager and employee information as well.

There is no reason they should have pretended to give you a sandwich and not do it...oh, and btw, my mom never lets them take her bag...she MAKES them hand her the sandwich. Just something to think about in the future.

to Justin O'Reilly #848061

Frozen hamburger can't rot ***!

to Polarbear54 #848062

Frozen hamburgers can't rot toidi

#420868

Um, actually he was personally paying for your free coupons. Each manager gets a free combo meal each day, and by giving you two or three (it varies) he doesn't get anything to eat for two or three days without paying for it.

to Kelley #848065

Actually that post is *** I work there that is an absolute lie

:grin

to bob #848067

#319373

I was always a loyal customer to Wendy's - they were always my favorite even though I did sometimes have problems at certain locations. Mistakes happen, I get it. But last November I went to the drive-thru and noted one of my sandwiches missing from my bag when they gave it to me. At first the girl told me I was wrong, but finally she took the bag from me to "check." She walked away for a few moments and when she returned she had her hand in the bag as if she was putting a sandwich in, rolled up the bag, handed it to me and said "Sorry about that, have a nice night."

Imagine my surprise when I got home to see my sandwich still missing! She intentionally deceived me in order to move me along in the line. I called the store to complain, hoping they would take my name down for my next visit, but after 4 times trying to call and no answer (It's a really bad location, IMO), I finally called the 800 number and did the survey! When I was lodging my complaint with a human being, they took down my info and put me on hold. No surprise, I was on hold for 15 minutes and finally had to hang up because we were leaving for the airport (The reason for getting Wendy's that evening).

The next day I did the online survey and received a form response from Wendy's. Then I also got what seemed like a form apology from the District Manager, Ada Hasbun. But I was offered no compensation or reimbursement for the sandwich I paid for! I'm not even asking for anything extra or complaining about something silly like mayo on my sandwich (which they always screw up and I overlook!). It has been months and I have tried to contact them again several times and receive no response! I've also posted comments on their facebook page, and nothing! This is so different from what I've experienced with other companies.

FInally, I set up a facebook page (Help Kristen Get a Reimbursement From Wendy's) hoping to get some attention or at least stop being ignored! We'll see. I wasn't even asking for anything FREE just what was STOLEN from me!

I work at Wendy's, and we get customers like this all the time. I had someone like the poster come through, and say that the fries they got were cold and hard, despite being pulled from the fryer just 20 seconds before. So naturally the manager HAD to give her some sort of compensation as that is Wendy's policy.

The lettuce is never wilted because it's disposed of every day and new lettuce is cut fresh, with a non-alloy knife to prevent rusting and wilting.

And as for the "attitude", you have NO CLUE what us service people have to put up through. I thought for the longest time that they were all incompetent, that's not the case. It's customers like the poster who make our lives terrible. Managers get tired of the same customer complaining over and over. Sometimes you just need to deal with it. Their food isn't that expensive, your $3 isn't THAT valuable as if you're buying from a first class restaurant.

Also, about your coupons, they DO cost money to print, and we DO loose money for free coupons, but you can't see that because you're too busy complaining about the lettuce.

:( The General manager at the Wendy's located on Prince and Columbus is poorly trained, lacking basic courtesy. I went in Friday the 19th of November, when the manager loudly order me and my service dog out of the store.

I told her of the law, and that I was a regular with my dog, and she continued her rudeness. I then told her what I thought of uneducated, unrefined minimum wage tyrants working in fast food.

Is this mean old lady worth the loss of my business for life? In addition to the bad PR i can promise you.

Actually it seems that you have the attitude problem. I bet you used your RN status to bully Wendy's into giving you free coupons just like you are trying to bully your RN job in other places to give you countless gift cards, coupons ect.

So what was the purpose of this letter. Did you want more coupons? Did you want them to give you a gift card? Do you want them to comp you for your gas you wasted?

I bet any Wendy's you go to someone will be "rude" to you and you will beg for more coupons. I hope Wendy's sees through your cheap ways

Apocalyptis Mortis
Giessenburg, South Holland, Netherlands #40418

Wendy's sucks in general. I had a horror story involving them this past Sunday.

Townsville City, Queensland, Australia #33888

Why are you always eating? Try the gym sometime fat ***!!!

Nuuk, Vestgronland, Greenland #29431

Complain don't go anywhere. I am sure the manager was mean because of your attitude.

It is you that has an attitude. I bet you were trying to scam them or get free coupons again with the breakfast promotion.

Nuuk, Vestgronland, Greenland #29430

It seems like you are the one with the bad attitude. I bet you begged the manager for more coupons and are not being honest.

In your other ten or so letters you are begging for $25 gift cards, coupons ect. You do like to complain. (hence your username.) and you like getting freebies. Perhaps you are the one with the attitude with how you treat other members and always ask for things.

I bet you did get your order correct and were asking for more coupons. No one should give you anything free.

You are ungrateful and want more. I would side with you on this, but you seem to have problems everywhere you go and want something for your "trouble" If they have attitude they are just reacting to yours.

Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States #16049

Don't fall for her tricks, complain is some scammer that claims that she either did not get the food that she paid for, or that it was not good enough in hopes of getting free meals. Even that does not forfill her needs.

She seems to have people messing up her orders whereever she goes. She always complains about the money she spent. She brags about how much money she makes yet she is always complaining about money.

I am sure this is not the first time she has recieved free coupons from Wendy's. She has a habit of changing her story when we point out her faults.

Svendborg, Fyn, Denmark #13981

I started going to this other Wendy's a few miles from my home and the one woman manager is always so miserable and acts mean. I don't know what her problem is.The one morning I went in there,they were promoting their breakfast, and had a promotion.The girl at the counter told me today for the promotion I could get any free breakfast sandwich with the purchase of a side item and a soda.I told her I want the maple frescuit breakfast sandwich with sausage, and when I sat down I realized they gave me some breakfast sandwich with fatty bacon and sausage on a hamburger bun. When I told the girl,she changed her story and said it was the big breakfast sandwich that was free.I asked for the manager and the mean lady came out and said if I want something different I would have to pay for it.Wendy's does indeed have a bad attitude!