Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Wendys in derry,NH refuses to hire amputee

on august 31,2012 i got a call from the derry, Nh wendy's general manager mrs.Baker who conducted an interview over the telephone after around 18 min she told me that i would make a good employee and to come in on tuesday September 4,2012 for a second interview and to bring my documents required for employment, after all i have worked in restaurants including most of the fast food places as mid to upper level management for over 25 years,on September 4th 2012 i went to the restaurant and met with the general manager mrs. Baker she saw that i have a prosthetic left hand she told me that because i had a severe disability she could not hire me because it would be considered a liability because of the prosthetic arm and hand, that really hurt me i lost my hand in war, and have worked in restaurants for over 2 1/2 decades, she also stated that it would be considered a health violation to hire someone with a fake limb, i was ever so pissed, how can the wendy's corporation allow a manager who pulls illegal acts such as the one against me, she should lose her job, it is so mean, i have more than enough qualifications for the late night cook position,even with the prosthetic i excel in every job i do, people who want to make a stand need to boycott wendy's Restaurant

if the wendys restaurant does not discriminate why did they settle the discrimination case for not hiring me the amputee on april 28,2014 even before the human rights investigator issued her finding of probable cause that the discrimination happened which was issued on may2, 2014 the settlement is not supposed to be mentioned but they made there bed now they can deal with it being made the public the check for the settlement for me was $ 466,275.00 and they also had to paymy lawyer his fees of$ 155,425.00 so for some place that did no wrong they paid a good deal of money to settle haha derry, NH wendy's i guess your prices will double or even triple to recoup the lawsuit loss. :grin :p :grin

#801989

Mr. White you are a B-I-T-C-H.How about that.

#582092

That's not true stop reading this and feeling bad my dad works with mrs baker and she never did this he doesn't even have a prostedic hand he is was not fit for job and has made up numerous stories that she said he was too fat and a lot of other *** your not gonna bad mouth the restaurant that my father works 24 hours maintaining because you some sad pethic lunatic :(

@Truth exposer

hey truth exposer this is the truth mrs.baker refused to hire me because of the prosthetic and i have more qualifications than you will ever have i doubt i am fat i am 5'11'' 165 lbs you little ***,wendys and mrs baker are in deep *** for there discrimination

@Truth exposer

truth exposer your a liar and can not spell you do not know what happened or happens in the restaurant as you are not employed,you are maybe a 12 tear old kid that should mind there own god d-a-mn business,Mrs baker has discriminated against more than one person with disabilities

the same wendys refused to hire a family member of mine who has a severe walking disability,shut the place down :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

pc2053
#541987

contact disability attorney.

I am the mother of a teenager who recently chose Wendy's, as her first place of employment. My daughter is a very easy going person that is a full time student and cares about the people with whom she comes in contact with.

She was excited about her job in the beginning, starting her life as an independent person wanting to create her own way. She has only been employed by Wendy's for 3 months.

I had my husband go get her and told him to tell her to leave the uniform because I didn't want to hear another word about the place. She said on her first day the manager put her on the register and showed her a few things. She said the next day they put her on the register again, and no one stayed near her while she was supposed to be in training.

She would come home complaining about how they were getting mad at her for calling them to help her out when she said that she needed assistance. She said that other crew members were shouting out to her about being slow and not knowing what she was doing. She said that she practically trained herself. Well, about two weeks into the job, the manager who she said stayed in her office smoking told her one evening that her register was short $28.00.

She said that she told her well, other people are using this register too. So, she didn't charge her for the lost. Then on another occasion, she came home saying that the manager held a meeting saying that the inventory was between $400 and $500.00 short. Well she said that she told them, that she didn't have anything to do with it she just started.

This was the final straw that broke the camel's back with me. She called when her shift was over which I thought she was calling for us to pick her up from work, instead she said that she was in trouble because her register was $60.00 short. She mentioned that a manager went into her register during her shift and she assured me that she was careful while operating it. She told me how they threatened her with the police, as she maintained her innocence.

Well, I explained this to my husband who was furious by this time. So, he went and paid them the $60.00 to clear up the mess. This experience has kind of shaken our daughter's spirit a little bit because she feels like an escape goat for the mischievousness that is taking place in that store. We wanted her to find a job so that she can become aware of what the work world is like.

If she has to be treated like such a criminal, when the authority figures are not doing their jobs, I'll just keep giving her an allowance for not washing dishes.

At least I know that she won't be accused of things that I feel she is not capable of. I just feel sorry for the next young adult who will be excited about Wendy's being their first job and have to deal with that crew over there on Crystal Ave in Derry, New Hampshire

First Born Triplet
@Angry Mom

I know you want to believe and trust in your daughter, but face the facts the money was stolen three times when she was at the register. The problem started when she worked there.

View more comments (8)
Review

Wendys in Seattle, Washington - Did not get waited on!!!!

Pulled up to an open Wendy's on Jonhson Ferry and close to Roswell Rd. . Pulled up to the drive thru about 12:19. Said hello twice with about one minute pause" give or take a few seconds" between the pause, and left at 12:24.Did not get asked for my order, I know i'm only one person and i'm not gonna break Wendy's bank,but its just the principal of it. I will never go to another Wendy's again an eat, with my family and or my co-workers. I know i'm just *** in the wind, but just wanted to vent. It's BS!!!!

If it's a typical night and a typical Wendy's store they were probably closed. Just because you see lights on and people in there doesn't mean they're open. Typically workers will do closing procedures 30 minutes past closing and will not have headsets on.

Maybe the store was closed? You do know that if a place closes at 11, the workers usually have to stay and clean up afterwards, right?

"I will never go to another Wendy's again an eat" I bet you will.

Maybe the drive through was closed for the night. When I worked the morning shift in fast food, it wasn't at all unusual for people to pull up to the drive through before we were open in the morning.

View more comments (3)
Review
I was hired by Mr. John as a crew memeber on 8/28/12. During my short time as an employee. I saw the store manager disrespecting his staff to a level that is unhuman. When I stated to Mr. John, " I could not work Friday nights and Saturday mornings. Do to my...

"DON'T CONTACT THE FRANCHISE"!!! You have written some very good complaints that show you have a strong discrimination case. What you need to do is this:

1. Call the Labor Board within your State.

2. Find your local number for Human Rights Commission.

3. Hire a discrimination attorney.

I have helped an attorney with two discrimination cases here in New Hampshire. One client won his case and the other one that we are working with is taking this food chain to Federal Court because he is disabled.

don't do this by yourself. Call some discrimination attorney's and ask what they can do to help you. Some will take 1/3 of your winnings from the lawsuit and some others will want down payment before taking your case.

View more comments

Wendys

I went to wendys #8067 wallisville where they charged my card $78.78 when it should have been $7.40. the manager was rude and did not want to fix the mistake and asking me what is the issue. I do not understand how hard it is to ring up the order and fix mistakes. I do not think it is right that i have to wait 5-7 days for my refund. Manager was rude and not helpful in the issue. I will never go back and I am going to tell all my family and friends to never go to that wendys.

Wendys anemic garden

Drive thru at night sandwich had tomato and lettuce you wouldnt feed to your pet turtle. Tomato slice was a greenish white with a narrow band of pink. Lettuce was white with more brown than yellow, no green. I will post on You Tube. Forty four words is all it takes to describe this unfortunate experience. If they would allow for quality, instead of focusing on just financials, maybe they wouldnt have to close stores. A bad drive thru experience does not evaporate, it festers. Topline is more important than bottom line. Forget "wheres the beef?". How about, " Wheres the garden?".

wtf do you speak for the wendys corporation or are you just someone who needs to get a life :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

I don't know about the rest of your complaint, but do you know how hard it is to buy nice red tomatoes? I have bought tomatoes that are red on the outside, but not completely ripe on the inside.

Loss

Wendys on archer in gainesville fl what a disaster

Well the fact that the three customers ahead of me had to bring their food back to the couter to be fixed should have made me reconsider eating there but we were starving..the girl that took my order had a hard time putting our ordwr in having to ask the same questions multiple times....the other employees had a great time laughing and talking...one kept singing loudly and stating how,she was clocking out in a few minutes. Every one was very unprofessional. Afrer ordering all three of our,burgers were made incorrectly, one was even missing a beef patty. After they "fixed our food" we got it back and was still incorrect. At that point we went back to the counter for the second time and approached the manager who is allowing this behavior to occur right in the middle of it... We were trying to explain what happend and the girl frying french fries chimed in "do u just want your money back and you can eat somewhere else?" At that point I had enough I replied yes and the manager had to ask the cashier how to give me a refund??? What a joke...ill never go back.
Tags
  • hard time

Wendys in Fort Gibson, Oklahoma - Raw Deal

Wendys - Raw Deal
A few days ago I visited Kansas City, Kansas for the weekend. My wife, kid and I got in late from shopping and across the street we visited Wendy's drive thru. The fries were soaked and wet with grease, I asked that they not put cheese on it but they did. I had already left when I found this out and decided not to go back until I attempted to *** the burger. The burger was still very raw on the inside. I then got upset and immediately went back to there. I explained what happened and they asked if I wanted another burger and I told them no and I would never eat there again. By then I was sick and threw up in the parking lot of the restaurant. I don't know if it was from the cheese or it was from the raw hamburger meat. I have pictures and want to do something about it. Who do I talk to and where do I go for help with this? I went to the Wendy's website and submitted a complaint and it stated that someone would get with me in a couple of days. I've yet to hear from anyone and I don't think it's right! Raw Deal!!!

He should have turned it over to the local health department, and then contacted a civil lawyer.

At fast food places, it is always a good idea to check your order before leaving the business. Fast food means fast, and mistakes can be made.

However, I don't think you got sick that fast from a *** of undercooked hamburger or cheese. You had probably picked up a bug someplace or it was from something you ate earlier in the day.

Wendys in Caledonia, Michigan - Wendy's health hazard-San Antonio, Texas

My husband and I stopped by #5 late afternoon starving. We do not live in San Antonio and had been in town to visit my mom in hospital. We only wanted a quick *** before we headed back out of town to home. There were very few people in the store. Only 2 other orders in line before us. During the wait 2 people from the drive in line brought food back in because it was cold and the place was visibly dirty. I wish we have left then, I wanted to. But because we still had a long drive ahead of us we ordered 2 jbc, 2 value sodas and fries. This took way to long to get and when we did get the food and opened the burgers, My burger had black hair inside. I just can't do hair on my food, not even my own. I was getting sick to my stomach. When I told them, they looked at me and said "So what do you want", "Another burger or your money back?" Must be their common response. Because I needed to get something on my stomach pretty quick I requested another burger w/o black hair. After I managed to choke down about half my burger, I discovered something black in my spite. I opened my soda and to my horror I found 3 or 4 dead flies in my drink. I took it back and pointed this out and they just looked at me. I had to leave fast, because no way was I going into their bathroom to get sick. Since I know you are going to responsd exactly like this store did with a "Oh Well" "Not my problem" attitude. Hopefully the Health Dept will do their job. Signed; (Just lost 2 more families that will not be frequenting Wendy's anymore.)
Loss

Wendys in Portage, Indiana - Wendy's Merrillville, IN Disrespectful MANAGER Mike

Mike, it is time for you to find a different line of work. When a customer receives their order wrong and, due to a medical condition, they inform you that this mistake could have been life-threatening if it had gone unnoticed and you shut the window in their face and treat them like they do not matter, you should realize that you are in the wrong line of work. You were rude, disrespectful, ill-informed and unprofessional. I will not pour over the whole scenario on here as it really is too complicated but I will say that your actions today made it very clear how you value your customers, you do not! If someone makes a 16 mile round trip to get the correct order and to inform you of how the mistake impacts them and other customers and then, you proceed with rudeness and, to make matters worse, you fill the order with exactly the same contents again - you deserve to be hitting the pavement in search of another pasture.... there are too many people who need to work and would do a great job for such a fine company, you don't need to be bringing down the company name. You are a sorry excuse for a 'manager'. I hope Tim, the owner, gets the story of what transpired today and realizes that you are not Wendy's material.

I realize that our country is very divided today and makes for very difficult relations with our Hispanic friends, but as a truck driver I am very limited to where I can go to eat. They have a Wendy's restaurant in Rio Rico, AZ attached to the truck stop there and if u are not Hispanic you will not get waited on. Too bad as they have every opportunity to help bring us together but instead do more damage to our fragile bias times.

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

Review

You Blew It Wendys at 4621 West Sunset Ave!

I thought I would give Wendy's at 4621 another try, despite having problems at this location before. This is still a horrible place to eat and is a sorry excuse of a restaurant. First, the boy at the counter looked like a slob. He had a greasy face, dirty shirt and pants and his shirt wasn't tucked in. I think their employees needs to look more professional not like slobs. Second, it took them 5 minutes to cook my meal - not my definition of fast food. They excuse was they were cooking by baconator fresh. I think they were busy being lazy because the counter boy kept going back to the kitchen and I could hear they talking and laughing instead of focusing on their work. When I got my baconator meal, I decided I would inspect on the counter to make sure they didn't screw it up like they did before. The rude punk boy told me I had to move aside so other customers could pick up their food. I gave him a piece of my mind once he told me to step aside and told him I would be telling my husband who works at Wal-Marts home office and my husband knows some very important people who could get that store in trouble. I don't think I will be back to this location anytime soon because of slow service and *** employees.

At least the employees at Wendy's have a job and are contributing to society. You, MrsLea, are a stay-at-home housewife who has her Walmart Home Office janitor husband cook and clean for her.

Nobody wants to be stuck behind a lunatic inspecting their burger for any micro-flaws at the counter.

Where do you get the money to eat fast food nearly everyday?

Listen lady you need to grow up. 5 mins is not a lot of time, its not like you were in the drive thru or anything.

His shirt was not tucked in? How exactly does that make one a "slob"? The guy simply asked you to move so that others could get their food (which tells me their probably busy.

Hence the 5 min) and you freak out on him? It honestly sounds like you are a spoiled brat who got angry over a measly amount of time.